The Veritable Smorgasbord

"I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks."- Sir Winston Curchill

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I'm a 30 year old San Francisco resident by way of Virginia, currently working as an alumni affairs officer at a major research university in the Bay Area. I mainly write about politics, sports, music, and culture. I am a 1999 graduate of the University of Virginia with a degree in Foreign Affairs. I am hoping to begin a master's degree program in Journalism in the next few years.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What I'm Digging

Music/Shows/Websites I'm feeling (December 2005):

    Tunes:

  • "Shoot Your Gun" 20-20's (Bluesy Brit Rock)
  • "Guns Don't Kill People, Rappers Do" Goldie Lookin Chain (I don't if these guys are setting out to be the British verison of the Beastie Boys, but that's their vibe)
  • "El Chupa Nibre" Danger Doom (The Danger Doom team - rapper MF Doom and DJ Danger Mouse - are freaking great. The album contains all kinds of odd references (Destro and Hasbro, anyone?) as well as samples from the Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" shows. Great beats and a hilarious listen.)


On the tube:

The Boondocks (The animated version of Aaron McGruder's acclaimed comic strip is groundbreaking. Liberal use of the "n" word are among the many things that stand out about this "cartoon". The "Trial of R. Kelly" episode was a riot..."R.Kelly may have pissed on that girl, but America pissed on R. Kelly!")


While you were surfing...:

Lifehacker is a great site for all kinds of ways to improve your life. Be it with cool personal organization tips, ways to improve your on-line experience, or with interesting links to other sites that might be under the radar, it's a great resource for anybody looking to make things in their life more simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home